Our current projects include:
- Chapel Hill Crash Model: The objective of this project is to use data science to understand and predict traffic related injuries in Chapel Hill.
- Park Facilities Usage Tracking: Collecting data about Chapel Hill’s recreational facilities is important yet cost-prohibitive. We are determining how to address this issue using low-cost hardware and open-source software.
- Data Stories: This new project idea focuses on telling Town-relevant stories based around or showcasing the innovative use of data.
- Array of Things Data: We will soon have access to data coming from Array of Things hardware (https://arrayofthings.github.io/), which could be use to process and analyze a variety of environmental aspects.
- Quality of Life Dashboard: Similar to the existing resources for Durham and Mecklenburg counties, the Town of Chapel Hill is looking to create a tool for presenting Quality of Life data.
Got an idea for a future project?
Let us know through the form below, and we’ll include it in a future meeting’s window for pitches.